Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunday

So Sunday was pretty nice. I got up around eleven, running late (I didn't hear the alarm clocks), and met Dylan via taxi at MoMA (The Museum of Modern Art, which is midtown around 53rd and 5th). We wandered in the there for about three hours (Pollock, Van Gogh, Matisse, Monet, Warhol, DuChamp, etc etc) and I studied the Richard Serra pieces for a while (I have to write a paper on it sometime this week probably tomorrow night).












Then we met Jewlie, Fabi and Lindsay in Saks Fifth Avenue (in their cafe the kid's menu has a thirteen dollar peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but at least the nutella and banana on wheat was "reasonable" at fourteen fifty), which was cool because I had never been in it. Then we walked to Tiffany's where Fabi had some jewlery cleaned. Tiffany's, although makes cool jewlery, has cool boxes and looks nice, is really cold and sterile on the inside. Although they do have elevator assistants and that is cool.






We took the subway back downtown to the dorm. That was a mistake. It took twice the time and we ended up like five blocks away anyhow. Dylan and I could've paid five bucks each and been there quicker, less smelly and less stressed but hey I guess that is... part of the experience. I did see a funny tourist from Texas (his shirt read "the bigger the better") and he took a picture of the subway coming down the tracks. It was cute.






Dylan and I went to a nice little Thai resturant about two blocks from the dorm and it was really nice and calm. I showed Dylan the apartment and we changed into our yoga gear early so we could check out St. Mark's Place, which is fun if you haven't ever been there. The entire place is super famous and you should check out it's cultural importance here:








This website has some pictures of places I pass almost daily:
















-Side note of above picture: Chickpea is a super cute fast food indian resturant-


















Then we went to Yoga for The People. It's a donation based yoga studio that is just one room in St Marks. You rent a mat for 2 bucks, bring a towel and water and then donate what you can. It was so intense. We went to the candlelight session which is only on Sundays but I think I'm going to go every Sunday. It was such a workout. It was so hot because they didn't keept the air on to make you sweat. And when we came out we were soaked. It was so strenuous. I don't really think I'd call it fun. It was a different type of workout and it was very good.
Then Dylan and I came back to the dorm. He went back to midtown around ten and Patricia and I watched Down With Love on my laptop.
Tomorrow I'm going grocery shopping with the girls at eleven, then out to lunch, followed by a floor meeting at three and the picnic with spring awakening at five.

No comments: