Monday, September 3, 2007

Monday

I got at eleven again. There was some confusion about when we were going grocery shopping. I thought the girls had already left. Jewlie thouight Lindsay was at the gym. Lindsay was at the store thinking we were on our way. So Jewlie and I left to shop at around noon thirty and got lotsa stuff for the week (I don't want to have to worry about eating or shopping this week). It's a crazy week because studio isn't normal. It's oreintations, special talks, master classes, etc etc. Anywho we got back and just milled about until the floor meeting at 3:00 pm.

After I re-visited the monologue I'm doing for the first day of scene study class. Then Sophie, Lindsey (the other one from downstairs), Jewlie, Patricia, and I all left at five for the Picnic at the Plaza (not THE plaza, a plaza).

On the way there I spun the cube. The cube is this huge piece of art in the middle of a busy intersection called Astor Place. I pass it every time I have to go to the Washington Square Area. It actually spins if you push it really hard. So we did. It was really cool actually.

We got at the plaza about forty five mins early. Everyone was doing warm ups and testing the mics. They wouldn't let up in but we got in line and were like only behind twenty or so other people. I got some Starbucks and hung out until six when they started letting us in. By then the line was around the block for two reasons: 1 free food, 2 free performances.

We were let in and got front row seats. We got a NYU seat cushion and frisbees. A free day pass to Crunch gym and bunch of other stuff. And free food! Picnic style. I got a veggie burger. Yummy.

The first people up were this really really really really really really really cool all male accapella group (all NYU kids) called Mass Transit. I have a bunch of pics and vids on my cell phone but I forgot to take my camera so all that stuff will come later. They sang some song I didn't know, Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield, Sexyback, and Buttons by the Pussycat Dolls. It was really funny and good!

Then was a student who is like a proffessional polynesian dancer.

Then this one guy who played aucostic guitar, played the harmonica and sang at the same time. He was funny.

Then the mixed accapella group called N'Harmonics which was even better than Mass Transit! They sang some disco song, "Like a Prayer," "Feelin' Good," and some Fleetwood Mac song.

In between the acts the student council had competitions for Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards. I was in the dance contest. I was the runner up. A black guy who could break dance was the winner.

Patricia was in the hula hoop contest. It was so much fun!

Then four of the members of spring awakening came out and song two songs from the musical. One was a tisch grade and one was a former student that had to drop out to do the musical. I got my picture with them! Pics to come...

So tonight I have a lot of stuff to do and basically will be busy busy busy tomorrow.

No comments: